Cartmel Surgery has been an accredited Veteran Friendly GP Practice since September 2019.
We are proud to support our Armed Forces community.
As a Veteran Friendly GP Practice we:
- Have a clinical lead for veteran health, Dr J Colclough
- Have a admin lead for veteran health, Christine Mason
- Ask patients ‘Have you served?’ to identify veteran patients
- Support veteran patients to access dedicated health services
- Undertake specialist training to meet the health commitments of the Armed Forces Covenant
If you are a veteran patient, please let us know that you have served so that we can make sure that we understand your health needs.
For information on how the NHS aims to help military veterans click here: NHS- Priority treatment for veterans
For more information on the duty of care owed to service personnel, read the information provided on this leaflet by click this link: The Armed Forces Covenant [EXTERNAL LINK]
We are conscious that some patients registered at the surgery may be affected by current events in Ukraine or Afghanistan. Cartmel Surgery is accredited by the Royal College of General Practitioners as one which specialises in the care of military veterans and their families. If recent events have affected you and you wish to seek help, please come forward.